As of October 2nd, 2017, the On-Site Sewage Facility office has relocated to the Williamson County Engineer/Road and Bridge Division
By combining development services, we hope to be a one-stop for our customers' convenience. Please note the new phone number: 512.943.3330, and address at: 3151 S. E. Inner Loop, Suite B, Georgetown, TX 78626. Office hours will remain the same from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Williamson County's On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) regulates On-Site Sewage Facilities (a.k.a. septic tanks) located within Williamson County, with the exception of those areas that are located within the City of Austin.
- Permitting: Process permit applications and related fees for new and/or existing on-site sewage system
- Inspections: Perform inspections as part of the permitting or complaint investigation processes
- Complaint Investigation: Investigate exposed sewage and general public complaints related to OSSFs. Inherent to this activity are legal notices of violation and/or potential court action(s)
- Program Information: Address general customer inquiries, including system records information requests, permitting and fee process inquiries, technical inquiries on types of systems and regulatory compliance questions
- Williamson County Engineer's Office has been authorized by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to administer the On-site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) Program. The program falls primarily under the authority of TCEQ rules contained within 30 TAC Ch.285 On-Site Sewage Facilities
- OSSF's installed and operated within Williamson County's jurisdiction must follow the requirement established in the Williamson County Engineer's On-Site Sewage Facility Rules