Camp at no cost at one of the Williamson County Parks with overnight camping facilities. Typical length of commitment is three (3) months, but may be extended with park management approval. A full hookup RV site is available at no charge to the Park Host for the duration of the Park Host’s assignment in exchange for a modest number of hours of volunteer service each week. Park Hosts may be required to work Holidays, weekends and/or evenings with varying a work schedule to meet business needs of the park. Completed Park Host Application and Authorization and Consent for Disclosure of Criminal History Information forms are required for consideration as a Park Host. Applications may be rejected if blank or incomplete. A resume may supplement the application, but resumes alone are not acceptable in lieu of the completed Park Host Application and Authorization and Consent for Disclosure of Criminal History Information.
Park Hosts are selected on a first-come, first served basis.Selection criteria includes experience in camping, prior Park Host service, working with the public, length of time willing to be a Park Host, how skills match park needs, Park Host site availability, and Criminal History Information. Successful applicants are required to sign an agreement stating their park specific duties, restrictions, responsibilities and termination conditions. Being a Park Host is strictly voluntary and the Park Host shall not be deemed or construed to be an employee of Williamson County.Thus, no salary or stipend is provided.
Possible duties of a Park Host include, but are not limited to:
- Greet park visitors, answer their questions, and orient them to the park
- Be accessible to park visitors for comments and complaints
- Understand and explain, not enforce, park rules to park visitors
- Help maintain campground(s) and park, pick up litter, clean campsites after visitor check out
- Clean and restock restrooms
- Check windshield passes to ensure park fees are paid
- Contact park staff or law enforcement about emergencies
- Mow, weed, landscape and/or gardening
- Operate and maintain a variety of park equipment
- Open and close park gates at the beginning and/or end of the day
- Maintain, repair, and/or construct park facilities and amenities
- Provide an on-site presence for the park
- Other projects and assignments based upon the park needs and the participant’s skills and abilities
- Set a positive example for others.
Click here for the Park Host Application, Authorization, and Consent for Disclosure of Criminal History
Call the Parks Department Headquarters at 512.943.1920 or email Park&Rec@wilco.org for more information, and to give us an opportunity to match yours skills and abilities to our Park needs.
Applicants for volunteer service shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of volunteer service without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender or age.