Controlled Burns

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality offers an Outdoor Burning Rule guide. View the guide here.

Control burns in the unincorporated areas of Williamson County must be reported to Williamson County Emergency Communications. The information that will be obtained when reported is:

  • Exact location of the control burn
  • Caller’s name
  • Direct callback number
  • What is going to be burned (i.e. trash, brush, etc.)

When a control burn is called in for Cedar Park, Round Rock, or Georgetown Fire Department’s district, the caller will be advised to contact the Fire Marshal’s Office of those cities, prior to any burn, for:

  • Cedar Park: Fire Marshall’s office at 512-401-5200
  • Round Rock: Fire Marshall’s office at 512-218-5590
  • Georgetown: Fire Marshall’s officer at 512-930-3510

If you do not know who your local fire authority is, check here: https://gis.wilco.org/search/addressSearch.html