In-person Volunteer Deputy Registrar training classes will resume April 6th. VDR classes are conducted the first, second, and third Tuesday of every month at 2pm. One evening class at 6pm will be conducted the first Tuesday of each month. A Saturday class at 10am will be offered quarterly (website will reflect upcoming dates). Training classes are to be attended in person at the Elections Department, located at 301 SE Inner Loop, Georgetown TX 78626. Each class has a capacity of 20 participants, and you must register for a spot at least 2 hours prior to the class by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (512) 943-1630.
- Classes are approximately 45 minutes
- Seating will be socially distanced
- You may not accept a registration application until you have received your Certificate of Appointment from our office
- No training classes will be conducted during the Early Voting period or on Election Day
What is a VDR?
Volunteer Deputy Registrars help register eligible citizens to vote by distributing, reviewing, and accepting completed voter registration applications. A VDR must be trained and appointed by our office to accept Voter Registration Applications. All VDR appointments expire on December 31st of even-numbered years.
Qualifications to become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar:
To be appointed, an individual must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A United States Citizen
- A Texas resident
An individual must not have been:
- Determined by a final judgment of the court to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially incapacitated without the right to vote
- Finally convicted of a felony, or, if convicted, must have (1) fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole or supervision, or (2) been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote
- Finally convicted of identity theft under Section 32.51 of the Penal Code
- Convicted of failing to deliver a voter registration application to a voter registrar
The complete Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide can be viewed here.