You may be able to require that one traffic citation be dismissed by taking an approved driving safety course. HOWEVER, you may lose that right if you do not provide written notice of your desire to do so and a plea of guilty or no contest to the Court on or before the appearance date (as shown on your citation).
A CHARGE MAY BE DISMISSED BY COMPLETING A DRIVING SAFETY COURSE IF:
the alleged speed is not 25 mph or more above the posted speed limit or 95 miles per hour or more.
1. The offense did not occur in a construction zone when workers were present.
2. You have not used this option during the 12 months preceding the offense date and you are not in the process of using this option for another offense and that you have not completed a course which is not reflected on your driving record
3. you have a valid Texas Driver License, Permit or current Military I.D.
4. you provide the court with proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance) that complies with state law
5. you provide the court with a certified copy of your driving record from DPS which shows you have not received a dismissal under these terms within the last 12 months.
6. You do not hold a Commercial Driving License