Williamson County Road and Bridge Division continues with progress on Phases 2 and 3 of the SGRR roadway improvements as well as the repair and reopening of San Gabriel Ranch Road. A summary of the phases is below:
Phase 2: Lariat Circle, Corral Lane, Chaparral Drive and Mustang Circle
· Roadwork is ongoing and will be complete by December (dependent on weather).
· Local traffic will have access to existing driveways at all times.
Phase 3: River Road and Old Windmill Road
· The preconstruction meeting with the Contractor was held last week.
· Work will begin the week of November 6 and is expected to take approximately 3 months (dependent upon weather).
Work will consist of the following:
o Stabilizing the pavement structure (width of the roadway will remain the same);
o Grading ditches to improve drainage; and
o Replacing existing cross culverts to better accommodate existing drainage patterns.
· A short temporary detour will be needed during construction; Local traffic will have access to existing driveways at all times.
Phases 4 and 5: Blessing Ranch Road, Hidden Bear, Remuda Drive, and San Gabriel Ranch Road
· Evaluation of roadway conditions will be performed after completion of bridge construction.
SGRR Dam Removal and Bridge Construction
· Design is substantially complete. Right-of-way acquisition is currently underway.
· Utility relocation and coordination is underway.
· Bid package being prepared and is expected to be released this fall or early winter, followed by review of bids, selection of contractor and contracts approved by Commissioners Court.
· Construction expected to take 9 to 18 months (dependent upon permitting and weather).
· Permitting is underway with US Army Corps of Engineers and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call my office or the Williamson County Road and Bridge office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 943-3330. Thank you for your continued patience.